The house was named after the two black cats perched on the roof. At the turn of the century, the owner of the building was exiled from the Great Guild across the street and ordered the cats to be turned with their tails towards the Guild. The cats were eventually turned back after a long court battle, and the man was admitted back to the Guild.
More Tourism info > Old Riga
St. Peter`s Church
First mention of St. Peter's church was made in the year 1209. The church is one of the best examples...
This monastery was founded at the site of the first palace of the bishop Albert, near the ...